Saturday, November 21, 2009

Blog Around The World - Welcome to Kansas!!


You have arrived in the great state of Kansas. Our current temperatures are in the low 50's and nights dropping into the low 40's.  The leaves have fallen and the winds are now brisk.

Out my kitchen window is a quiet courtyard in the townhome subdivision I live in. Each is 3 stories tall on the back. This is a very quiet neighborhood where one can sit on the balcony to relax or reflect in the silence of the early morning.

This week we had our first bit of snow, not much really, just a little on the grassy areas. But enough to remind us winter is quickly approaching.



What a difference a day makes, today started out bright and sunny, but quickly turned to gray and overcast. They say if you don't like the weather in Kansas, wait 24 hours, it will change.



Your next stop on this journey is to the beautiful state of Colorado. I lived there for 5 years. The mountain ranges are breath taking, around every corner another photo opportunity. I still expect to see Pikes Peak when I come out of the Wal-Mart here in Kansas, like I did there. I miss that view!

Thank you for stopping by... So off you go... enjoy your trip around the world!!  http://twistsonlemon.blogspot.com/


26 comments:

Rachel said...

Hi, Cyndi! That's funny about waiting the 24 hours. That's the exact same thing we say about IL. :)
Looks like it's been a bit colder in your neck of the woods, though. We've had frost but no snow.
Thanks for posting! I'm off on my trip around the world now. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Cyndi - you've linked to my blog but I think you should be linking to http://www.BEglorious.blogspot.com

Can you check the list?

Cyndi said...

Sophie.. I was on the list twice, they replaced the 2nd one with someone else but then sassy didn't catch it.

humel said...

Snow!! lol - this is some trip, I'm seeing bright blue skies, mist, rain and snow... Thanks for sharing x

Amy said...

Snow! What a contrast to my window view!

JO SOWERBY said...

oooh we're far away from home toto. it looks gorgeous where you live and adding your cat............precious.
jo xxx

Lee said...

No snow here ... yet! So nice to have "met" you via Shimelle's class!

helena said...

snow! given the heat in Melbourne this last week it is hard to imagine the cold. thanks for being part of the blog party

Beverly said...

don't envy the sno pic but love your cat and the quiet that you enjoy!

Peggy said...

love your sunny little table.

scrappyjacky said...

For us it's rain,rain,rain.....definately no snow.

Margi said...

Love the view Cyndi! I want snow now, everyone is getting it but me! LOL

Anonymous said...

Love your window and the gorgeous cat!

Jools said...

Oooh frost. Frosty mornings are great.

Thanks for sharing.

Kathy M said...

Great pictures. You really had snow the next day?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! Brr on the snow!

JJ Sobey said...

Wow - I can't believe Kansas had snow before MOntreal! (You can keep it, LOL!)

DragonsLady said...

In New Mexico - it's wait five minutes. In the summer it can be raining to be the band on one side of the street with sunshine on the other! But mostly it's dry. We had snow before Halloween but nothing since.

Tracy said...

We dont even have to wait 24 hours, can have 4 seasons in 1 day here. Love the pictures though, thanks for the view of your world

Sian said...

Snow? wow! Some years we don't get any snow at all even in the middle of winter. Maybe I'll find some more sunshine if I keep on travelling! Thanks for letting me visit today.

Melissa said...

We have the four seasons in one day saying about our weather. Great pics, TFS.

Heather said...

There's no place like home.....I feel like Dorothy now as I have visited Kansas!! How cool, indeed cool with snow!

Anonymous said...

"They say if you don't like the weather in Kansas, wait 24 hours, it will change."

This saying also go for my tiny dot on the map. Or you can take a walk and find something else:)

Thanks for being a part of this fun trip. I have enjoyed myself very much this Sunday morning.

-elin-

Cheri said...

way too soon for snow - we actually had a tiny bit in October. I think the weather is confused!

debs14 said...

Can't believe you have had snow already. Reminds us that Winter is right around the corner. I guess you have far harsher weather than we do in our little corner of England though. Hasn't this been a fun trip?!

Angela2932 said...

Wow! You're practically a neighbor! You're just a few states south from me. Even though we're north, we've really had no snow yet this year. I bet your view is going to come to be significantly different in the near future! TFS!