Friday, November 27, 2009

TO: Me.... FROM: Me

Black Friday.. the day everyone gets up in the middle of the night to go shopping. We all try to get the most for our hard earned money. The stores were filled to the rim with shoppers. They each had a cart full of that store's sales items.  Me.. oh I was in the parking lot, running up and down the rows trying to find a parking space.


With a spot in site, I pull my car in and walk the block or so to the store. I had my list for the 4 stores I wanted to go to. Each store only had an item or two on my list. At one store, it was a $29. item. First I couldn't find it in the store because of all the people. Then I realized that the line of people that ran from the front of the store, to the back and across to the other side of the building were people standing in line to get to the cashiers. No way was I standing in line for an hour or more just to spend $29. So I left and headed to the next store.

The next store, was not as bad. I made my purchases and headed off down the road. The third store... ended up as another trip around another parking lot... and yes, another long line of people in that store as well! The item for that store was only $20... I decided (again) it was not worth the wait in the line.

The final store on my list.. a craft store! I had several items I needed for scrapbooking. An organizer, scissors, stamps, a light and anything else I could find. All the supplies were 40% off, and the organizer was 50% off. Then to top it off, I had a 50% off coupon for one item that was not on sale.

I had already been surprised by my niece with a huge supply of paper, embellishments, alphabets, rubber stamps, an album and more than I could ever imagine! All these items now have me ready to start my first Journal Your Christmas.

It just figures though, at the end of the shopping I had only bought myself something, I made no purchases for my children which is what I set out to do. But as my Grandma always said: "To: Me ....  From: Me" are the best gifts of all.

I ended up ordering all those other items on my list from the stores, but I did it online. Why hadn't I thought of that before I left the house at 6 AM to fight the crazy people at the store!

No comments: