Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thursday's Think Tank


Thursdays Think Tank - Each Thursday a new situation or comment to ponder or discuss...


A friend of mine recently moved out of state. He asked me to come by and look at his things to see if there was anything I wanted. He was giving everything away, taking nothing with him. I really had no need for any furniture, but was a little interested in his CD collection. I found a few that I liked started putting them in a box. Apparently he thought it was going too slow and he decided I should just take them all. So he started boxing them up and putting them in the car, he even included the tower that held them all.

At home, I began putting them back into the tower to see what all was there. I figured it was a few hundred CD's, I'd take what I wanted and do something with the rest. I found about 20 or so that I really liked.

Then I realized... there are 4 sides to the tower, each side had 10 shelves, each shelf could hold 26 CD's.... that's 1040 CD's and that doesn't count the ones that wouldn't fit or were in big boxes with several CD's inside.

The question of the day: What does one do with over 1000 CD's ?? Can I sell them and make some money? Anyone have a suggestion???

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I'd try to sell them! Ebay, Amazon, half.com!!

helena said...

you could practice some random acts of kindness - puton in a sealable bag with a note saying 'free to a good home'and leave it somewhere public. or go through your address book and pick one for each person there and send it with an 'enjoy this or pass it on' message

helena said...

previous commens should say 'put one in a sealable bag'

Anonymous said...

Hi Cyndi thank you for visiting my blog and for your kind comments.

Wow what a huge number of CD's I wouldn't know where to start with that many!